Electricity – Transmission and Distribution Networks
For traditional transmission and distribution network needs, OFS offers its FTTx Solutions for Utility Energy:
- PowerGuide® AccuTube® ADSS Cable with AccuRibbon® Optical Ribbon for extra-high-fiber-count applications (up to 864)
- PowerGuide ShortSpan DT Cable the world’s first gel-free, completely dry ADSS cable
- PowerGuide ADSS Cable
- PowerGuide TR (Tracking Resistant) ADSS Cable for EHV applications (typically ≥ 115 kV)
- ADSS Cable Pole line attachment hardware and accessories:
- Dead-end assembly
- Tangent and suspension supports
- Downlead clamps
- Cable storage devices
- Vibration dampers
- Corona coils
Electricity – Substation Networks
Optical fiber and bandwidth reliability are critical for successful substation management. OFS FTTx Solutions for Utility Energy offers various options for distributing fiber in traditional transmission and distribution networks. Substation solutions include:
- OPTION1™ DT outdoor/indoor cable, jumpers and pigtails
- Wall-mount units, shelves, SlimBox™ modules
- Mechanical Splice-On Connector (MSOC)
- Fusion Splice-On Connector (FSOC)
Optical fibers, with their intrinsic EMI/ RFI immunity, are ideal for harsh electrical environments and are used as communication links in protection, monitoring, and control devices.
OFS products are used in electrical substation automation applications. The GiHCS® Industrial Cabling Solution with Crimp & Cleave LC and SC connectors and termination kits provide other distinct advantages in substation automation, enables Ethernet speeds, can offer lightning protection in an all-dielectric design. These fibers are also much lighter than traditional copper cables and enable more secure data connections for electrical substation automation and control.
Competitively priced and designed for minimal environmental impact, our HCS cabling solution allows for reliable connectivity, high bandwidth, and optimal performance in power generation, transmission, and distribution automation processes.