OFS Multicore Fiber (MCF) is a revolutionary new approach to engineer a fiber for high capacity applications. MCF prototypes in both single-mode (SM) and multi-mode (MM) with a multiple of cores ranging from 4 to 8 have been produced.
Applications for MCF include:
- access and metro optical networks
- wireless base stations
- data center connectivity, backplane
- and inter-chip communications
- next-generation optical amplifiers
- downhole sensing in oil exploration applications
- pipeline monitoring
The benefits range from space savings to significantly increased capacity for high speed communications. These fibers are:
- Small form factor
OFS is continually developing new optical fiber technology. If your company has ideas that OFS can help with, we would love to start a conversation.
Contact OFS and one of our optical fiber experts will be more than happy to assist you.