OFS Fitel, a world class optical fiber manufacturing organization has an opportunity for an experienced Boiler House/Waste Water Treatment Operator at our fiber manufacturing facility located in Norcross, Georgia.
Troubleshoot, maintain and optimize treatment process. Promote safety as the number one priority of all OFS employees. Guarantee use of and train on appropriate safety procedures. Perform lab test procedures and operate filter press. Precipitate inorganics from wastewater using coagulants, flocculants and pH adjustment. Ensure compliance with county discharge permit. Operate, maintain and make repairs to systems equipment and auxiliaries such as those for the generation of steam, the supplying of compressed air, water services, refrigeration and air conditioning, the generation of gases and similar systems, waste water systems, maintaining specified chemical balances, performing tests, making adjustments to processes and generating reports. Good working knowledge of industrial controls and instrumentation.
Employees are expected to serve as role models for safe work practices and behaviors. This includes following established health and safety policies and procedures, maintaining a clean, organized work area, wearing, and properly storing all personal protective equipment (PPE), and actively engaging as a safety conscious worker with personal safety and wellness as a priority.
- Independently plan work assignments and perform duties with a minimum of direct supervision
- Train and direct efforts of plant trades Helpers, Junior Tradesmen and Tradesmen assigned to assist in the performance of work
- Collaborate with functional personnel in own and other organizations to resolve problems and recommend solutions based on trades knowledge
- Must be able to work any shift/schedule
Prerequisite for Entry in Trade
- Completion of an accredited trades training course or equivalent knowledge and skill acquired by means of practical experience
- Demonstrated ability to basic skills associated with this trade
- Second Class Operating Engineer’s License as issued by Georgia Association of Power Engineers (GAPE)
- Hold an active Industrial Wastewater Treatment Certification or be a Certified Class I, II or III Biological Wastewater Treatment System Operator
- Georgia State CFC Recovery License, Level 4
Qualified candidates can submit resumes to email@example.com
OFS Fitel, LLC, a Georgia based global company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Note: Only those candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted.